Theme Photo Contest
SUPERINTENDENT: Hunter Drendel, phone: 630-853-9024
- Entry Fee is $5
- Total premiums offered $60: 1st: $30, 2nd: $20, 3rd: $10
- Registration open until 3PM
Entry must be submitted on or before Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 12 noon.
- Any adults age 18 and over are allowed to enter. Registration is required. Mail your form EARLY as space is limited to the first 30 exhibitors who enter.
- Entry fee is $5 to cover the cost of Printing and prize Monday. Entry to the fair is not included in this cost. Participants will need to buy a fair ticket at the gate
- Check-in at the Family Stage no later than 5 pm on Thursday
- Pre-registered exhibitors will bring their digital cameras to the Fair and check-in. Memory cards must be empty before the contest begins.
- At 5 PM the theme of the school will be announced with instructions given. Participants will have 1 ½ hours to return and submit 2 images for judging from their memory card. These images will be downloaded and printed for judging. (see below)
- NO digital alterations or cropping is allowed. Participants will create the images submitted in- camera.
- No monopods or tripods will be allowed. Tripods can be trip hazards and will not be permitted in this contest.
Judging will begin at 8 PM in the Photography Department.
All images will be printed and displayed by directors.
Participants will then vote for three of their favorite photos, with the top three vote recipients placing first through third.
How to enter:
Complete the entry form above and mail or drop off at Fair Office.
If you are including this in your other entries attach it to your entry.
Sweet Corn Chow Down
Sponsored by Kendall County Corn Growers & Keller’s Farmstand
Sunday, August 4, 2019 – 3:00 pm – AT THE FLAGPOLES
HOW MANY EARS OF CORN CAN YOU EAT IN A MINUTE?
- 10 competitors will be allowed in each class. It will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Competitors will be provided with water, napkins, and sweet corn. Participants can provide their own condiments.
- Winners will be determined based on how many ears of corn consumed in the allotted time.
- Once time is called, participants will have 30 seconds to swallow their last mouthful.
- To be considered completed eaten, the participant must have consumed at least 90% of the corn on each cob.
- Vomiting at any time during the completion or within 5 minutes of contest completing will result in immediate disqualification.
- In the event of a tie, an “eat off” will be held. Participants will have ONE MINUTE to eat as many ears as possible. Rules above apply to the “eat-off” as well.
- All rules and decisions are at the contest organizer’s discretion. All decision made by the contest organizer are final
Watermelon Eating Contest
Sponsored by Keller’s Farmstand.
Sunday, August 4, 2019, at 11:00 am
Sunday, August 4, 2019, at 11:30 am
Entry Fee: $125 per team of 6 to 8 (6 play at a time)
If registered before July 25 ($140 per team after July 25)
Price includes admittance to the fair for all team members on Sunday.
Ages 18 and older only. Risk forms required.
24 Team Limit. First come, first serve. Every team will play at least three games.
Decorated Bicycle Contest
Sunday, August 4, 2019 12 PM – Family Stage
Adorable Baby Contest
Saturdaym August 3, 2019 4 PM – Family Stage